Sunday, March 23, 2014

Valentine's Day and Lice

Yes, it's true...we found lice on Valentine's Day.

The day started off with heart pancakes and new books.  Brett was out of town for the weekend and I had taken the day off to help with parties at kindergarten and preschool, and we gave Clara a great heart hairstyle.  I had a babysitter for the evening for Alice so that I could take O and C to the valentine carnival at St. Joes.  It was after Clara's party, when I was adjusting her hair that I found bugs:(.
We treated and buzzed Owen just in case, and sent him to the carnival with our friends.  The girls and I cancelled the sitter and spent the evening treating, combing, bagging and laundering the house.  Clara, has a lot of hair, but is a very good sport.  She was okay with watching a movie and missing the carnival.  Owen was sweet enough to buy her a prize with his tickets and bring her a treat.
 Brett was home on Sunday so was able to join in the combing, treating and cleaning.  That all lasted about 2 weeks...just to be sure we are all clear.
Owen had a blast at the carnival, and I am thankful to have good people around that helped us out.  Our friends from St. Joes picked up O for the carnival and offered their expertise in dealing with the bugs.  Our neighbors and great friends the Hubbards dropped off pizza (because my only trips out were to get treatment supplies), and Dr. Auntie Steph gave me some on-call advice about treatment too!
I HOPE THAT WHOEVER IS READING THIS NEVER HAS TO DEAL WITH IT...but I'll give you my two cents if you ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment