Moral of the story...go the extra mile to the nursery.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Help Wanted
So, I ventured out with the kiddos yesterday to stop at school and then the nursery for some flowers to pot. After visiting at school, we headed to the nursery. On the way there I spotted Ace and did some quick thinking before pulling into their parking lot...the nursery has much more selection and better quality, but does not have carts that contain 2-year-olds...we're cutting it close to meal time for both kids and I did not bring a snack for Owen-Ace has popcorn and is a bit closer than the nursery...I don't really know what I'm looking for anyway, so having a smaller selection may be good. I loaded up the cart with Owen, plants from Ace and a cute little watering can and was at the register when Clara (in the front pack) decided she was REALLY hungry. At the same time, Owen discovered the 4 easy-to-reach tubs of mini tape measures and was reaching over the flowers, squishing them, to see how many he could fit into his mitts. The lady at the register started ringing me up, not by using that nice quick little scanner, but by typing in the 46 digit number for each of my 8 separate flowers. While she was taking her own sweet time, I grabbed a bag of popcorn for Owen who then sat in the cart happily and chomped away-phew. Clara was still screaming so I took her out of the pack and was bouncing her. Register lady rang up everything and gave me my receipt while I bounced and stared at the 8 separately potted flowers and watering can that were sitting on the table, trying to plot out how to get it all to the car. I asked for a carrying box...they were out, so with Clara in one arm, I loaded my purchase with the other arm into the cart with Owen. While not helping me and starting to ring up the next person, the lady looks at me and says "looks like somebody needs a nap". RUDE! Or she is 3 months old and hungry! I don't usually take people up on the offer to help me to my car, but boy would some sort of offer have been nice about now, and maybe a little kindness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could have been there to help. P.S. I LOVE the new pic of Clara on the side!
ReplyDelete