I don't think I have posted much about Owen's ears, but he's had infections off and on since he was 9mo old. Last October we decided to have tubes put in with the idea that they would help his ears drain properly and it would clear up infections. I had heard about so many kids that never had another infection after getting tubes so I had high hopes. Since getting the tubes, little man has had several infections and has been on 5 or 6 antibiotics that have not cleared the infections. He's been such a little champ though. With pretty much a constant infection, he doesn't sleep very well, but he's a happy boy during the day full of smiles and new words, you would never know he has sore ears.
So...back to the ENT, and tomorrow we're going in to get stainless steel tubes put in (a small percentage kids have a reaction to the plastic ones), a culture of the infection, and possibly remove his adenoids (I don't really know what they do, but they may be pressing on the eustachian tube in the ear causing it to not drain as well). After the last surgery, he was fine, so I'm planning on tomorrow going just as well-cross your fingers!
He's looking forward to seeing the fish in the waiting room :)
We are hoping this will do away with ear infections-we'll let you know how it goes!
Good luck tomorrow Owen (and A&B)~ we'll be thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteKeep us updated! Good luck! He looks like a three year old. Millie will be swooning soon enough...
ReplyDelete