Last Friday we ventured out to find the perfect Christmas tree-and we found it! Christmas tree hunting is more challenging than I had ever anticipated. First, you spot a tree from the road that looks like the size and shape that you want, but when you walk up to it, it's either 20 ft tall, two trees together, or bare on one side (or all of thee above). However, we were very lucky and found this pine standing by itself that is the shape, fullness and size that we were hoping for so we took it home. As it turns out, when our tree was standing in the forest with 200 ft ponderosas, it didn't look all that tall. When we put the tree up in our house...it looks tall-about 12ft in the stand! Good thing we have vaulted ceilings! By the way...I love it.

Owen is helping me put the lights on the tree. He was not sure what to think about bringing a tree in the house (it is a little strange I guess), but he points it out and says "TREEE" a lot, so I think he likes it too.

Climbing the ladder with Brett to get the lights on the very top of the tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment